Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Avaiyar's Vinayagar Agaval

The anklets on the red lotus feet of the cool baby elephant sing many songs.
The golden waist chain and fine skirts resting upon his rainbow waist beautifully shining.
His weighty tusk!
His elephant face & the auspicious orange markis easy to perceive.
Five hands, goad & noose, his body of deep blue has made my breast its home.
His hanging mouth,
four sets of shoulders,
three eyes,
and three musk trails...
His two ears,
with golden hair shining,
and three threads intertwined
upon his glowing breast...
He is the true knowledge:
Turiya, the Sleepless Sleep,
goes beyond
the word's meaning.
Wonder
has stood personified
as the Wish-fulfilling Tree!
As the Bull Elephant!
He who rides the mouse sniffs out the three fruits. I begged him, "Take me now... as your servant!"
He appeared as a mother and showered his grace upon me. Cleaved from me the confusion that... "Once born, I shant die."
Thus the pristine and primal letters five shall unite with me. Shall come and enter my heart.
Assuming the Guru's guise and keeping a sacred foot upon this Earth, he establishes life's meaning.
He joyously bestowed the grace of the Path of No-Suffering.
Wielding his tusk as a weapon, he weeds out the cruel fruits of action.
My ears devour his teaching without ever being filled.
He reveals the insatiable Clarity of Wisdom.The means to master the five senses.
He has sweetly graced me with joyous compassion.
He proclaimed that single thought which shrinks the delusionary power of the senses.
Putting an end to this birth and the next, he has removed darkness, and graced me with all the four stages of mukti (enlightenment).
He cuts off the delusion of the three impurities.
With one mantra he showed how the Nine Openings and the Five Sense Doors can be shut...
This is the Ankusha (elephant-goad) of the six chakras:
Without stopping...
Standing firmly...
Let idle chatter be discarded.
He announced the letter of the Idylla & Pingala and showed that the end of the Circle's Edge is in the skull.
The snake hangs on the pillar that is the junction of the three realms.
He helped me realize it's tongue.
In the Kundalini one joins the silence...
It breaks open... and the mantra that rises up comes out because of his teaching.
The rising flame, breaking out of Muladhara, is caused to rise by the wind.
Born of the single thought which he has taught.
He related...
The state of drinking Amrita,
The movements of the Sun,
& the character of
The One Who Favors the Lily (the Moon).
He revealed the 8+8 facets of Vishudha Chakra along with all the qualities of my bodies wheels.
He sweetly graced me with the ability to contemplate the six faces gross and the four faces subtle.
He enabled me to perceive the subtle body, and gain the darshan of the Eight States.
He has revealed within my mind the Skull's Gate, and given the sweet grace of being established in mukti.
He made me know myself. He showered me with grace. He pulled out past karma... by its root.
Without a single word or thought my mind is one with him.
He has concentrated my mind, clarified my intellect, and said,
"Light & Darkness
share a common place."
He presses me down into the grace giving ecstasy.
In my ear he renders limitless bliss.
He has weeded out all difficulty and shown the path of grace.
He has revealed Sada Shiva within the sound. He has revealed the Shiva Lingam within the mind.
And he has revealed that...
The smaller than the smallest,
The larger that the largest,
stands within…
like ripe sugarcane.
He made me understand the role of the ash smeared on the brows of the devotees merged in truth,
with whom
he made me
one.
He made both heart & mind achieve the state of knowing the precious meaning of the Five Letters.
Having given to me the True Nature of All Existence...
I am ruled by the wise Vinayagar...
at whose feet
I take refuge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home