Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Chance Report: Official Call for Submissions

Chance Report: A Zine of Coincidences

Brandon Freels


Ever had a chance event, a fortuitous encounter, the noteworthy alignment of two or more events or circumstances without obvious causal connection?

Chance Report will be a zine/project devoted to the documenting and collecting of such coincidences.

I am currently looking for reports on such encounters.

The reports can be as short as you want, but please nothing more than 1000 words. E-mail them to me at bjf97267@yahoo. com with "Chance Report" as the subject title or snail mail them to me at 747 NE Webster, Portland, Oregon, 97211.

The zine will appear whenever the cup is full.

For those of you who don't quite understand just what a "chance event" is I give you this straightforward example I received many years ago from my friend Jessie:"So anyway, night before last i was hanging out with my neigbor and I mentioned in a whimsical wine-happy sort of way how nice it would be if we had a pot belly pig to take into the forest and hunt for mushrooms. Well interestingly enough, last night a fucking pig ran through my yard snorting. Now is that magical or what?!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home